My photo
Make up artist, In love, and mother to a beautiful baby boy.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sigma essential brush kit review

I needed new make up brushes but didn't want to spend the money on mac, because to be honest I don't like the quality of their brushes they shed and they're expensive. So boo you mac brushes, i bought sigma!. For the price the quality is very good mine haven't shed and I have cleaned them twice now. I was tempted to order them straight from the sigma website but after reading a woman's blog on her ordeal of them getting her address wrong, being given the wrong information, then after she got them after months one was broken I was like um no! Instead I got them from www.lovemakeup.com the set was around £80.00 it comes with 12 brushes
E05 eyeliner- for liquid or gel liners
E30 pencil-I would describe this as a very precise shading brush good for smudging eyeliner and applying eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eye
E65 small angle- you can use this for eyeliner or eyebrows because it is angled it's probably a little better if you don't have such a steady hand.
E40 tapered blending- pretty much just a crease brush just used for blending the eyeshadow but I have used it to sweep the fall out from under my eyes and also set in my under eye concealer, I do find it quite big compared to my urban decay crease brush but I like it all the same.
E55 eye shading- this is a dense eyeshadow brush it gives good color pay off and picks up a lot of product, perfect for loose pigment or glitter I use it to blend above my crease and highlight under my eyebrow.
E60 large shader- good for cream shadow, eye primer, or just a powder shadow.
E70 medium angled shading- I use this for for more precise crease blending and softer lid color.
F70 concealer- self explanatory really I just use this to conceal.
F60 foundation- I prefer my urban decay foundation brush but I still use it when I don't have a clean foundation brush.
F40 large angled contour- good for blush and contouring.
F50-duo fibre- this is really nice to use with a liquid high lighter or to achieve a light coverage finish or apply a powder for an airbrushed finish.
F30 large powder- I love this it's big, soft, and applies powder evenly and quickly.

This next brush wasn't a part of the set but I bought it on the same website for about £19.00
F25 tapered face- great for applying powder in the corners of the nose and around the mouth because of its dome shape you can get the product exactly where you want it.







No comments:

Post a Comment